Tuesday, August 5, 2008

1713 miles Rear Tire Swap

I noticed that my rear tire would "thump" with each revolution. The wheel seemed true but there was still this "thumping" feel. It looked like one point of the tire had a kink in it and was the cause of the thumping.

The kink is between the white caulk marks in the picture on the left. The IRC Red Storm Street tires were pretty cheap at only two for $25. I will contact PricePoint to test out the customer service. I can probably use the tire for the front and not feel the thump if they don't give me a replacement.



While the tire was off I took the opportunity to true the wheel since the new spokes could have relaxed a bit. I took some time and got the wheel right on true.

I used the old Vittoria Zaffiro front tire on the rear. There is plenty of tread.

I also reset the Cateye Computer back to 2105 tire circumference for the 700 x 25 mm tire.

The bike rides very smooth now.

No comments: