Saturday, March 6, 2010

35 Day Hiatus Ends!

Because of all of the snow (we had over 50 inches of snow in February alone) I have not ridden the Raleigh in 35 days. February 2010 was the first month since I have been riding (June 2007 start) that I had no mileage at all.


Today I rode 15.6 miles to test out the Raleigh after I completed the 3 year maintenance. The Raleigh rode smoothly. I do need to tweak in the front derailleur, so I will do that later--- I just wanted to ride.

I really like the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires. They ride very smoothly. The rolling resistance seemed low as I felt like I had too much speed going down some of the hills. You can definitely tell that it is a quality tire.

Recall that on September 06, 2008 I swore of cheap tires. I had purchased 2 IRC Red Storm tires for $25. One had a kink, the other started to fall apart after 300 miles. On the other hand, I got nearly 4000 miles on the Vittoria Zaffiro and I could have still used them. The Vittoria Zaffiro Pro are only $20 each. From now on I am only buying Vittoria Tires.

No comments: