Saturday, July 5, 2008

Raleigh Grand Prix Background


I bought my 2006 Raleigh Grand Prix at Shirk's Bike Shop in East Earl, PA on June 04, 2007 for $700. I put approximately 1450 miles on it my first year of riding.
The bike has been extremely reliable. The only maintenance I had done other than lubing the chain and adjusting the brakes for wear was:
1.) A spoke broke in February 2008 and I had The Downingtown Bike Shop repair it for $25.
2.) On July 05, 2008 I checked the chain stretch. It was 1/16" and acceptable. I then took apart the chain, cleaned it in mineral spirits and reassembled and lubed.
I am going to keep this blog as a companion to my Motobecane Fantom 29 Blog . I won't write as many posts on this blog, as I will just write about the maintenance I perform on the Raleigh.

No comments: